Friday, September 02, 2011

RIP VI Challenge

My favorite time of year is fast approaching! Too bad I will not be able to see the leaves turn and feel the first bite of crisp Autumn air this year since I moved back to Hawaii in July. I can, however, read a couple of good, haunting books and light a pumpkin scented candle to put me in the Fall spirit. Carl from Stainless Steel Droppings has just the challenge for someone like me, who loves a little spookieness this time of year, his great RIP Challenge. This is the 6th year he's hosted the challenge and my second time participating. It runs from Sept 1st to October 31st.

Carl was nice enough to give levels or participation or perils, as he calls them, to the challenge for those who may not have the time to read a certain amount or aren't as into the horror, mystery, dark fantasy, etc. as others. This year I've taken on the Peril the Second, which challenges the reader to read two books of any length that they believe fit within the challenge categories.

Easy peasy.

The two books I'll be reading for the challenge this year are The Good House by Tananarive Due and one other scary tale I have lying around in my TBR pile that will be determined at a later date. For the fun of it, I'm also going to do a flashback read with my 7 year old to a book I first read in third grade: Wait Till Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hawn and maybe a few short's from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alan Schwartz, also a throwback for me.


4 comments:

Kailana said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Especially including your 7-year-old. :)

Brie said...

Hi! Yes, I thought it would be nice to include her in this challenge.

Kate said...

Pumpkin-scented candle! Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark! Yes, I'm excited about your RIP.

Happy reading!

Brie said...

Hi Kate. :) Thanks. Happy reading to you too!

Post a Comment