Friday, September 16, 2011

Tea Time: Lipton Bedtime Story


I'm in the latter months of pregnancy and it is becoming harder and harder to get a good nights sleep. I normally stay up, staring at the ceiling, tossing & turning, and glaring jealously at the Hubster, who goes out like a light as soon as his head hits the pillow.

Since any type of sleep aid is out of the question, I'm constantly on the lookout for decaffeinated tea to help relax me enough so that I can get to sleep. I have a go to that works okay, but when I couldn't find that brand at the grocery, I reached for Bedtime Story - since in the tag line it expressed being Caffeine Free and made with Real Spearmint and Chamomile Flowers.

Upon opening the box, I was hit with the tingly scent of Spearmint. I brewed a cup, curiously wondering if the tea would be more minty than I wanted. After letting it steep for a few minutes, I added a little sugar, honey & lemon and sipped. Delicious! It's a relaxing blend of Chamomile with a soft minty note. The Spearmint is not overpowering like I had worried it might be.

The ingredients are listed as Spearmint Leaves, Chamomile Flowers, Peppermint Leaves, Orange Peel, Lemon Grass, Spice, Chicory Root. I would say that along with the Chamomile and Mint flavors, the Chicory Root, stands out, giving the tea a hint of earthiness.

Bedtime Story definitely relaxed me. I had no problem getting to sleep that night. It's become a part of my nightly routine and I've been sleeping like a baby (pun intended) ever since.



Next Book up for review: Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering if bedtime story had cinnamon in it. I'm allergic and know its in some other bedtime tea. Thanks

Post a Comment